Happy Birthday to Me — sort of, Part II

    Today is my birthday again! Woohoo!

    My parents sent a GIANT bouquet of beautiful flowers to the newspaper. It's sitting on my desk just where it obscures my view of the newsroom. :-)

    Last night I had dinner with Ben at Laudisio's, the restaurant Reece takes Kara to in Extreme Exposure. We had a delicious meal of chicken saltimbocco with mixed green salads and rosemary potatoes. For dessert, nothing less than Laudisio's amazing creme brulee. It's a totally culinary orgasm.

    Today, I got the flowers, then had lunch with two wonderful women who were my professors when I was a lass studying Classics (Latin, ancient history, classical archaeology) in college. They treated me to lunch at a nice restaurant near campus. We had a lot of catching up to do, i.e., "What have you been up to for the past five years?" Or something like that.

    I gave them each a copy of Surrender and Hard Evidence.

    They're really such wonderful women and were so supportive of me when I was a student with two tiny kids, only dreaming of writing at that point.

    Thanks for all of your wonderful birthday wishes from yesterday. They mean so much to me.

    I finished twiddling with Chapter 18 this morning, and I'll probably resend it to my Novel Testing Committee, i.e., Aimee. ;-)

    I also got started on 19 and hope to finish it tomorrow. Early tomorrow I'll be getting in my car and driving to Glenwood Springs, passing Vail along the way. I'm spending a weekend in Hotel Colorado with my mum. We've talked about getting away for years and have never done it. So now we doin' it. I'm really excited and looking forward to relaxing in the hot springs, chatting with my mom and writing when she's asleep.

    Well, back to work. I'm blogging from the office right now, trying to keep up.

    I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. We had sunshine today and the roads are now clear.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews