Four days left to go!



    There are four days of my vacation left, and seven chapters left to be written. At most I'll write four more chapters, which means I'll be struggling to finish this book, with edits, by the end of April — a full month later than my postponed deadline of end of March.

    ARGH!

    And of course I will probably decide a dozen times between now and the day I mail it to New York that the story sucks and is the worst book I've ever written. That's what I said about Surrender. I called my editor and said, "I need to apologize ahead of time. This is the worst piece of crap I've ever written."

    I liked Hard Evidence and Ride the Fire, but otherwise I've hated most things I've written, and I think that's how it's going to be with Unlawful Contact.

    Hopefully, these next chapters will flow quickly and in the right direction so that I don't have to lose time to massive rewrites. That's something I dread. But, hey, if you have to rewrite, do it sooner rather than later. That's one lesson I've learned.

    I thought I'd share another photo of that hot model. Not sure what he's doing here, but I wish he were doing it without pants. :-D

    I think the RITA finalist high has worn off and it's back to work. OK, no I'm still smiling like an idiot, even if I am only getting four hours of sleep.

    And thanks again for your wonderful, supportive messages! They really help!

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews