If you live in Nebraska, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, or western NY, I may be passing through a town near you! I'm going to be driving my son to college in Ithaca, NY, and hope perhaps to connect with some of you and quaint roadside eateries or other glamorous locations, like truck stops.
I'm pasting in the route we'll be taking (maybe) below, but I have no idea where the halfway mark is or where we'll be staying overnight. I hope to find hotels in towns that magically coincide with drivable distances for you, so that I can meet you!
Please contact me here or via email if you have ideas about how to make this work. I've really never been east of the Mississippi apart from a few trips to Springfield, ILL, where I was born.
I am willing to alter the route below as long as it doesn't make Ben late for orientation on Aug. 21 or me late for covering the Democratic National Convention on Aug. 25. (We just got official notice from the Library of Congress that we got press creds today, so I'll be there somewhere when you're watching it on TV.)
Estimated Time: 24 hrs., 23mins.
Total Distance: 1668.5 miles (2685.1km)
1. Start out heading SOUTH on SHERMAN STREET towards 21ST AVENUE. Drive for a short distance.
2. Turn RIGHT onto 21ST AVENUE. Drive for 0.1 miles.
3. Turn RIGHT onto FRANCIS STREET. Drive for 0.5 miles.
4. Turn RIGHT to get on UTE HIGHWAY heading EAST. Drive for 3.2 miles.
5. Go STRAIGHT on CO-66. Drive for 12.3 miles.
6. Turn RIGHT to get on US-85 S. Drive for 8.6 miles.
7. Take exit towards CO-52 / FT LUPTON / DACONO. Drive for 0.3 miles.
8. Turn LEFT onto CO-52. Drive for 9.3 miles.
9. Turn LEFT to get on I-76 E towards I-76 E / US-6 E. Drive for 155.2 miles.
10. Go STRAIGHT on I-80 E. Drive for 471.8 miles.
11. Take exit number 123B towards I-80 E / I-35 / CHICAGO / MINNEAPOLIS / KANSAS CITY. Drive for 0.3 miles.
12. Go STRAIGHT to get on I-35 N towards I-80 E / I-35 N / CHICAGO / MINNEAPOLIS. Drive for 14.6 miles.
13. Go STRAIGHT on I-80 E. Drive for 150.8 miles.
14. Take exit number 290 to get on I-280 E towards I-280 E / US-6 E / ROCK ISLAND / MOLINE. Drive for 27.3 miles.
15. Go STRAIGHT on I-80 E. Drive for 167.1 miles.
16. Stay SLIGHT RIGHT on I-80 E heading towards TOLL ROAD / I-80 E / I-90. Drive for 286.1 miles.
17. Take exit number 151 to get on I-480 E. Drive for 26 miles.
18. Keep SLIGHT LEFT at the fork towards US-422 E. Drive for 1.5 miles.
19. Take I-271 N towards I-271 N / US-422 W / ERIE PA / US-422 W. Drive for 12.8 miles.
20. I-271 N becomes I-90 E. Drive for 90.7 miles.
21. Take exit number 37 to get on I-86 E towards JAMESTOWN. Drive for 190.5 miles.
22. I-86 E becomes RT-17 E. Drive for 1.7 miles.
23. Take exit number 54 to get on RT-13 towards ITHACA. Drive for 27.5 miles.
24. Turn RIGHT onto RT-96B S. Drive for 0.7 miles.
25. Keep RIGHT to stay on RT-96B S. Drive for 1.1 miles.
26. You have reached 953 Danby Road, Ithaca 14850, New York
Get in touch with me if we can meet anywhere along this route! Also, if you know anything we should stop and visit along the way, I'd appreciate knowing that, too. I've been all over Europe, but haven't seen much of the U.S.
Blogger isn't letting me upload photos tonight, or I'd have a hottie here for you to enjoy. D'oh!
Hope everyone is doing well! Now back to Kat and Gabe...