Catching up


    The chapel at Ithaca College


    Thanks to all of you for your kind words about Wubbit. It's amazing how much a person can miss a beloved pet, isn't it? Both Benjy and I keep setting aside lettuce leaves for her and stopping on our way out the door, thinking, "Did I check the bunny?" Our living room looks very strange without her big bunny chalet. We're just glad she passed peacefully. She deserved that.

    Right now I'm working on a ghost-writing project about which I can share nothing. It's an interesting experience to angst about someone else's book for a change. I'll be busy with that through the end of the month, at which time I'll take one last run through Naked Edge and then send it to New York.

    Then I'll start my next project, focusing on King Arthur in our time. I hope to work on it at the same time as Connor's story. I don't know if I have the RAM to manage that, but we'll see. I don't want my Rangers to get left behind, but the pressure is on to write romantic suspense.

    Benjy leaves for New York tomorrow night. He's a sophomore at Ithaca College, where he studies filmmaking. I hate it when he's gone, but it's important he go to the best school he can for his education. Tuition is due Aug. 17. YIKES! Fortunately, most of his cost of attendance is covered by scholarships this year.

    Last Friday, I gave myself my first day off in ages and spent the entire day watching back-to-back episodes of True Blood that I'd purchased from iTunes. I don't have television, so I had no idea what it was until my sister sent me a link to a YouTube clip of the character Erik in the shower. I saw Alexander SkarsgÄrd and fell in love. So I devoured the entire first season, and though I felt guilty for doing nothing that day, it was probably time well spent. Every once in a while, even writers need a break.


    Rub-a-dub-dub, a hunk in the tub

    Now, about True Blood. I don't like all the blood and the gore, I will admit that. To me, there's absolutely nothing sexy about sex that includes being bitten and having blood dribble all over your neck and mouth. Ew. But the characters are really engaging, and the suspense is solid. And, yes, many of the men are HAWT. So now I have to wait patiently for Season II. Perhaps that will give me time to catch up on The Tudors.

Total Pageviews