Naked Edge update


    A photo taken somewhere on the dinetah — Navajoland — where Kat from Naked Edge was born. I think the real Kat may have taken this photo, actually...

    So I realize it's been a while since I posted. I thought I'd give you a quick update.

    Since my last post:

    I have had a week's vacation, during which I wrote 18 to 20 hours a day and got to Chapter 28 of Naked Edge. That puts me within screaming distance of the end. I'm halfway through 28 now, and I hope to finish it tonight. So that leaves Chapters 29 and 30, plus the epilogue... and then I'm done!

    I'm back at work, but I'm still pushing hard to finish, which means I'm still getting only about five hours of sleep a night. That's okay, because I just want to finish!

    Also, my family's dear friend Connie, whom I mentioned several posts back and whom I tried to celebrate by including her as a character in Unlawful Contact, passed away. She died must faster than anyone imagined. Her funeral is today. I appreciate your prayers for her, and I'm just glad she's no longer suffering. I was able to visit her in hospice, which was a moving experience, but also very sad.


    Connie with my sister back in the early ’70s. The two of them shared a birthday. I have no idea who anyone else is in this photo. This is the house we lived in from the time I was 9 till I was about 12.

    She will be sorely missed by her family, friends and all the women she helped through her church. She was very involved in assisting abused women and in helping women through Christian ministry. I'm not big on religion, but she's one of a small number of people who truly walked their talk. If there is such a thing as Heaven, she's there now.

    My thoughts are now with her husband, John (who was "Pastor John" in Unlawful Contact) and with her children, who've been my friends since I was 2 years old.

    Work is, of course, very busy, and I'm really not up for it now. Between Connie's death and the writing the climax of Naked Edge, I'm feeling pretty emotional and just want to write and sleep and isolate myself.

    Speaking of work, I'm very late getting ready for it. I just wanted to give you all an update. I hope to finish Naked Edge by the end of this coming weekend.

Total Pageviews